Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Google is my homeboy

So in our crazy, wonderful, messy, blissful year of marriage the hubs-hubs and I have gone through 3 Internet providers. We've had Clear, Qwest, Century Link ( I know they're the same person but would it sound as good if we'd only gone through 2??) and our latest experiment is with Comcast. In between all these Internet hobo's we've had countless (alright, 2) different routers. Arg!
I almost feel like it hasn't been worth it! Yes, the countless hours of Netflix streaming has been nice. Yes, I am human and therefore addicted to Facebook. Yes, google is my homeboy- I mean homepage. But is it worth it, I ask myself. Do I really need to see that episode of Numb3rs? Do I really have to catch up on old school X-Men? Is it worth the hassle of dealing with a non-English speaking technical assistance rep EVERY OTHER DAY? ...
...
Probably.

Hey, old school X-Men is the bomb.com and I just need to see if Amita and Charlie ever tie the knot or if Don and Warner hook up like I think they should.
Plus, on a more sentimental note, I can Skype with my beautiful nieces or email my cousin on a mission in an instant. The wonders of the Internet give us a new, fast way to communicate with distant loved ones! And that IS worth the hassle of hearing 'And whud iss yore rowder nummer, Seendy?' on a regular basis.


Buuuut it's mostly for the X-men.

1 comment: