Thursday, October 6, 2011

Evil Eye's, Pinups and Skinny Ninja's

I'll start with the untimely passing of Steve Jobs. What a remarkable man with remarkable vision, he truly changed the world. But you know what bugs me? The logo.
See that bite mark? The one with no teethmarks? What bit that? A fish?
 You know what else bugs me?
Whatever the crap happened to my eye! I have this little white spot above my left pupil that is incredibly irritating when I wear my contacts and downright KILLER when I'm not wearing my contacts. Its like having sand permanently stuck underneath my eyelid. I. Was. Miserable. My poor hubs-hubs probably was too! But its OK now. Don't panic. I inadvertently cursed half the population with the evil from my eye but no one panic.

Anyways, on the the exciting thing; I won a free pinup session with Pinup Jane from the diner where I used to work!! It was SO much fun. So what they do is every month they hold a contest for that months "Norma Jeane's Pinup", you get a free session with Pinup Jane, 2-3 outfit changes and 2 copies of the picture they choose to put up in the diner! The picture was this:

I was the October witch! You may be thinking; "What a lousy photographer." But no, she is AMAZING. This is the picture of the picture that I took with my iPhone. It really was such a fun experience! You all need to go and enter to win! 
Anyways, more news! My hubs-hubs and I are opening a store in the mall! Yep, we're crazy. The name of the store? SKINNY NINJA! You think we're less crazy now right?? Hahaha, my husband really just pulled the name out of a hat and when he approached me with it, I loved it. What do we sell there? Ninja stars? Samurai swords? Diet drinks for karate students? 
None of the above. 
It is going to be a small convenience store. We'll have coffee, soda, candy, painkillers and etc. We are so excited! And maybe a little crazy. Maybe a lot of crazy. We're opening tomorrow or the day after and everyone needs to come and see it! I am really looking forward to being a business owner. I am looking forward even more for my husband to be a business owner. He is such the entrepreneur! He's been wanting to get something started for a long time and we finally took the plunge and did it.
Or, if you want to get creative, we hid in the shadows and stabbed it.
:)
 








2 comments:

  1. Oh my! That picture is smokin! And that is so awesome that you guys are opening a store! What mall is it? And where in the mall? I will totally come visit!! That sucks for your eye, my sister had something similar happen and she actually scratched her cornea. she said it felt like this big piece of sand stuck under her eyeball she could never get out. She couldnt even open her eye for a whole day. Sucky.

    I wanna come see your store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly a chicken took a bite out of the apple (they don't have teeth.)

    ReplyDelete