Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Twitter, Tweets, Twits?

Ok, I just got my very own twitter! Everybody had been going on about this thing but I was never attracted until my brother and sister-in-law were talking about one day while we were visiting. "It's going to be bigger than Facebook." He said. "Oh yeah, I use it for fashion, politics, news, recipes, fashion." She's French and talks fast and it all sounded so ooh-la-la!
I have to say I'm underwhelmed. Dare I say disappointed? As far as I can tell (and I am a newbie, so I could be wrong) it's like everybody doing a facebook status update without the unspoken Facebook agreement that you shouldn't update A MILLION FREAKING TIMES A DAY! I was getting up to 6 Tweets from one person an hour! Really?? AND I'm only following like 20 people. This is the trend? To post nonsensical blibbers (like giblets but for words, useless dangely bits of blubber) constantly? Can't say I'm surprised, really. Somehow, somewhere, someday I knew someone would finally create something that would waste peoples time more than... Picking your nose. And least when you pick your nose you end up with an interesting tidbit. Sadly, I have yet to glean anything good from Twitter.

Disagree? Tweet me @CinDNydegger and tell me why.
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment