Sunday, October 23, 2011

Holy Chubby Foot Batman!

A couple days ago I was opening the Skinny Ninja and I injured myself :( Actually, it totes wasn't my fault, the shelf that holds all of our candy is set on wheels. It wasn't crazy sturdy to begin with, it's one of the shelves that leans slightly against the wall so it doesn't fall forward, then we put wheels on it. Woop! I'm really excited that we did, and so grateful to my brother-in-law for putting those on but I totally wasn't thinking that when it FELL ON MY FOOT. I was being stupid and pushing it the wrong way when it started to fall over, I did something even more stupid and tried to catch it with. MY. FOOT. That's an expression, I didn't actually attempt to catch a 50 pound shelf with my toes. I was being funny in the 'hah, thanks for catching my fall' way.





Jeez, it hurt like a mother and it was SO swollen! The shelf managed to smash my foot and on the way down it got my left knee and right ankle. I don't think anything is broken or anything, its just crazy ugly. Pretty pimpin' bruises though, I don't lie.


My ankles are not that chubby, it's swollen. Honest.
Even without the shelf falling I still look like I've been participating in an underground kickboxing match.
Rearranging the store has been disastrous to the beauty of my legs. Not that I really mind that much, its totally been worth it, the place looks amazing!
My family has been super generous to us; my uncle (who's passed on) helped us build and repair all of the holes we had in the walls (Seth), my parents came and helped us put in sheetrock and supplied many hands for cleaning and painting ;D my sisters came and helped take down butt-ugly tile all over the walls and clean, clean, clean! My mother-in-law organized the entire backroom and my father-in-law bought us an ice machine and spent countless hours with his sons trying to get everything set up properly. Man, were we ill-prepared. Lol, its been such an awesome learning and growing experience and I really only seeing it getting better. We've been so, so blessed with everybody's generosity and willingness to help out. Even if its just coming and sitting with me during my 12 hour shifts. Its been great! Not the shifts but the people. I will end now with this quote;



"There is no hope of joy except in human relations."
~ Antoine de Sainte-Exupery


You guys bring us so much joy and are so grateful for you in our lives.
Love from the Nydegger Two ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment